WAG is open for recreation classes and team practices! We have made some changes to comply with health department guidelines, and we are ready to see you back at gym! PLEASE READ BELOW for details about how we are making sure our gymnasts are #safeatwag .
Please see our schedule for important class time changes. We are allowing for time between classes to make sure your children are entering the cleanest possible environment.
IMPORTANT: Procedures for Return to Gymnastics at Westside Academy of Gymnastics
We need your help. We are asking gymnasts, parents, and coaches to join together as we take important steps to return to classes and practice. These steps are crucial in order to resume training and getting ALL of our athletes (competition gymnasts, as well as, recreational gymnasts) back into the gym. We have implemented several new procedures related to the health and safety of our athletes, families, and our coaches. Our guidelines are consistent with the Ohio Department of Health and the CDC. Please discuss these procedures with your gymnast in order to help us take necessary steps to keep our gymnastic club open. These procedures will change and evolve
over time; therefore we will make sure to inform you of any new or revised guidelines from the State of Ohio, the CDC or WAG.
DROP-OFF and PICK-UP
* Gymnasts should arrive no more than 10 minutes before class begins
* Drop gymnast off in the front of building
* A staff member will meet gymnasts outside of the entrance
* Staff member will ask the parent (if child is young): has she/he been exposed to
anyone that may have been exposed to COVID-19, had a fever over 100 degrees, a
cough or upper respiratory infection, chills, or sore throat
* Recreational students will exit through the door on the right side of the building (when
facing the front) by the recreational class bars; Team gymnasts will exit through the door in the team back by the team floor (left side of the building when looking at the front).
UPON ENTERING THE BUILDING
* Gymnasts, visitors, and staff will have their temperature taken upon entry to the building.
* They will be asked these questions (if the child is older): have you ever been exposed to anyone that you may have been exposed to COVID-19, have you had a fever over 100 degrees, a cough or upper respiratory infection, chills, or sore throat.
* If your child has a runny nose or cough, please keep him/her at home. They can have a makeup class the next week.
* If a staff member demonstrates any of the above symptoms, she should stay home and not return until she is fever free for 72 hours.
* Gymnasts will sign as at the front desk and then have their temperature taken.
* Students must sign in on the log in sheet as they enter the building
* Hands need to be sanitized after gymnast signs in at the desk.
COVID-19 BEST PRACTICES
We are following "Social Distancing" practices to the best of our ability. Students will be placed 6 feet apart on the floor for warm-ups and for floor activities. There are green "Xs" throughout the gym indicating where the gymnasts should stand. We will do our best to keep the gymnasts as far apart as possible on bars and beams also. The coaching staff will do their best to keep the children distanced as much as possible when rotating events. Equipment will be cleaned as much as possible between each rotation. Gym matting and surfaces areas will be disinfected between recreational classes and at the end of the night regularly.
While the gymnasts are not required to wear masks, they are welcome to do so at any time. All staff will wear masks at all times, and adults visiting the gym must wear masks as well.
It pays to bring a friend to gym - REALLY!
Current members! Invite a friend to come to the gym and join your class. If your friend joins, they will get two weeks free tuition their first month. As a THANK YOU for introducing your friend to WAG and trying out our awesome sport, YOU will also get two weeks free tuition. This offer is good through the end of August. Each student who comes will get one hour of structured instruction!
NEW MEMBERS: Enroll with a friend in the same class, and you'll BOTH get two weeks free tuition your first full month!
ALL new members will have access to weekly open gyms, included with the annual regisration fee! Speaking of which...
OPEN GYM IS BACK!
In July, we re-opened our Open Gym! Open Gym is a time to practice skills that our gymnasts have learned in class...and a time to just have fun. Open gym is included in your annual registration fee!
It will begin on Friday, July 10. You may bring a friend with you to Open Gym for $5.00. The Open Gym schedule is:
6:00-7:00 Ages 6 and under 7:00-8:00 Ages 7 – 11 8:00-9:00 Ages 12 thru adults
****PARENTS ARE ALLOWED ON THE FLOOR DURING THE FIRST OPEN GYM, BUT NOT THE REST OF THEM.
**** The number of gymnasts allowed to attend Open Gym each session will be restricted for the time being to keep all of our athletes #safeatwag. Our gym is keeping up to date with current local and state health guidelines. We are limiting attendance to 25 students per session, and you MUST use the link to reserve your spot. If your name is not on the list, you will not be allowed in the building. As always, if you are not a member of the gym, the guest must have a waiver signed (there is one on our webpage) and a page that refers to the coronavirus. If you have any questions, please call the office at (513) 574-0444.